We’ve really enjoyed watching Our Planet, a relatively new TV series.
My overwhelming feeling in watching the show is amazement.
God’s creativity is incredible. The way that whales work together to catch their prey is a work of art and beauty. Some of the smallest creatures display the efforts of a master painter.
The series doesn’t showcase the most diverse and complex creatures of all – humans.
- Every moment of every day is a different experience for us than the one before it. Somehow God enjoys experiencing our pleasure as we enjoy life.
- We are always changing. Our wisdom grows as our physical strength diminishes.
- Our kids are fascinating mixes of the genes of us, our brothers and sisters, our parents and grandparents.
- Identical twins are so different from each other.
- Human expression through dance, music, visual arts, and the spoken and written word can bring tears to our eyes. Think where God’s emotions must go when he watches his kids doing great things!
For you created all things, and they exist because you created what you pleased (Revelation 4:11b).
Paul Merrill writes here every first Friday of each month.