As some of the faithful 300 Words a Day readers know, I (Paul Merrill) have been looking for a job. God did provide a job. I found out I was hired on Friday, February 28th.
Of course, it was super exciting to hear the news. And I’m rejoicing about God’s gift to me!
What did I learn?
- God blessed me with many friends who faithfully prayed for me during the journey. They were and are a huge encouragement.
- God taught me a little more patience. His timing is almost always different than mine.
- I am weak. Some days were really low. It was often easy to focus on my own pain at the loss of my previous job and related feelings of rejection.
- God is strong. I spent more time in prayer than when I had a job. Jesus wants us to have the faith of kids (Matthew 18:2-4). They are simply needy. God wants us to ask, just like how parents want to hear from their kids. I learned once again how dependent I have to be on God.
- Our little kitty loves me. I got to spend more time with him than “normal life” allowed.
Paul Merrill writes here every First Friday.